Mac OSX86 on MSI Wind U230

I have a MSI Wind U230 netbook.  I have installed Windows 7 and Ubuntu operating systems on this laptop.  I even had it in dual boot.  Recently, my Windows 7 became laggy and slow.  So I thought, it was time to do a fresh install of my Windows... again.

I came across osx86 project wherein the developers installed a Mac OSX software to a PC System.  I was intrigued.  Did a lot of reading, research and preparation.  Since Mac systems are now Intel-based, I has a little hesitant to install Mac OSX in my MSI Wind because it was an AMD system.  So I did a thorough research on Mac OSX in an AMD system.  I found a bunch of AMD users have a successful install on their system.

After reading a lot of successful installs on an AMD system, I decided to give it a try.  I downloaded iATKOS v7 (10.5.7).  It took a day to download, but I said it'll be worth the wait.

I installed iATKOS v7 on my system.  First few tries, installation failed.  Every time it failed, I did research.  I read recommendations from other user to try other distros.  So I did. I downloaded iPC, iDeneb, and Mac OSX86 by Hazzard.  iPC can't detect my local drives, so iPC is a no go.  iDeneb can't even go pass the legacy logo, iDeneb is a no go.  Mac OSX86 by hazzard did install but upon boot up, kernel panic occurs.  Did some research on how to fix this but found no solution, it's a no go.

I was about to give up but I tried iATKOS v7 one last time.  This time I experimented on the different boot commands I've read.  One of the combination boot commands did the trick, I successfully installed Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.7 on my AMD.  Now for the OS boot up, will it boot up or have kernel panic upon loading?

It did boot up the OSX.  It was so wonderful to see Mac OSX on my laptop.  Now for the drivers for my hardware.  I found most of the drivers except the audio driver.  My Mac OSX86 HAS NO SOUND!!! I searched the web but to no luck.  Upgrading my version from Leopard to Snow Leopard might work.  Then I found SnowLeo's 10.6 distro, so I downloaded it, installed it, booted it up and upgraded.  Sad to say my laptop Snow Leopard 10.6.7 has a choppy, delayed sound.

It's not perfect, but I'm satisfied with it.  I'll continue searching for ways to activate or to fix the choppy audio but until then I have a MSI Wind U230 (with an AMD Neo x2 1.6Ghz; 2gb ram) running on a Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.7 system.

Cheers!

Fullscreen 1

-


ishmark

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

pagz99 said...

hi, just wondering if you could share your settings, I am trying to install on a Wind U230 and keep getting Kernel panics... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ishmark said...

try checking out my post
Install Snow Leopard on MSI Wind U230